An atomic clock is the most accurate timepiece made. It keeps time to the split second by counting the regular oscillations of atoms in a metal sample. The most accurate type of atomic clock is the cesium fountain atomic clock.
Which Are The Best Desktop Atomic Clocks From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best desktop atomic clocks and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Desktop Atomic Clocks People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Color Atomic Alarm Clock - Accurate to the Second! The Atomic Clock has a built in receiver that automatically synchronizes itself with the WWVB radio broadcast by the US Government’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Fort Collins, Colorado. The Atomic Clock will always be accurate to within on second as it receives daily WWVB updates.
- Color Calendar and Day of Week Display - Always know what day of the week it is with a quick glance. The clock displays the calendar and the day of the week. Using the Snooze/Dimmer switch on top of the display, you can easily adjust the display brightness to your liking.
- EASY TO SET DUAL ALARM - Set alarm for two people, or set one alarm for weekdays and the other for weekend!. Snooze/Dimmer Switch is simple to use and on top of the display.
- BATTERY BACK-UP - There is a "No Worry" battery back-up option (requires 2 x AAA battery, sold separately), that will allow the alarm to go off, even if the power goes out. The battery back-up stores the time and alarm settings if the power is interrupted. During battery back-up the clock’s display will not be lit. Once power is restored, the display will re-light.
- ALWAYS ON DISPLAY – Display is always illuminated. You can use the Snooze/Dimmer switch on top of the display, to easily adjust the display brightness to your liking. NOTE: The screen will go dark while the clock is setting and searching for the Atomic Signal. Once signal is located, the screen will always be illuminated.
- Atomic Alarm Clock - The Atomic Clock has a built in receiver that automatically synchronizes itself with the WWVB radio broadcast by the US Government’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Fort Collins, Colorado. The Atomic Clock will always be accurate to within on second as it receives daily WWVB updates.
- Wall Mountable and Table Top Use - The clock may be hung on the wall using the hang hole at the back of the clock or displayed on your nightstand by pulling out the backstand. 3 x AAA batteries Needed (not included).
- Calendar and Day of Week Display - Always know what day of the week it is with a quick glance. The clock displays the calendar and the day of the week.
- Indoor Temperature Display - Get the real time indoor temperature of your room displayed on your clock.
- Backlight on Demand - Press the snooze button on top of the clock to illuminate the whole display for 5 seconds. The backlight will also illuminate when the alarm sounds.
- Indoor/outdoor temperature (F/C)
- Atomic time and date (manual set option) withautomatic updates for Daylight Saving Time (on/off option)
- Moon phase icons
- 12 Hour time display with 7 time zone settings (ATL to HAT)
- Large 2.125 inch time digits for easy reading
- HIGH QUALITY DISPLAY: Our new digital desk clock features a large high quality display with enhanced contrast for maximum legibility; DISPLAY: Push button to light up display
- DUAL ALARM FUNCTION: Features Dual Alarm (Weekdays & Weekends) with a conveniently located Snooze/Light button.
- VIBRANT BLUE BACKLIGHT: Button activated backlight is gentle on the eyes while providing maximum illumination. Display remains illuminated for approximately 10 seconds.
- MULTIPLE FEATURES: Shows time, temperature, and calendar
- MULTIPLE LANGUAGES: Day of the week is available in 7 languages- English, French, Dutch, Danish, Spanish, Italian, and German
- Atomic self-setting time and date with automatic Daylight saving time reset
- USB charging port for mobile devices (charge cable not included)
- Indoor temperature & humidity with trend arrows
- Adjustable backlight settings
- Moon phase icons
- Digital Clock can be installed in car or vehicle's dashboard to show the time
- Add some functional style to your car with this classic digital clock
- Sharp Atomic Desktop Clock Comes with adhesive pad to stick it to your dashboard
- Easy-to-read LCD screen and large digits, tell the time and date at a glance
- LCD Display: Approx. 46.5 * 22mm / 1.8 * 0.9" Clock Size: Approx. 77 * 42.4 * 17.7mm / 3.0 * 1.7 * 0.7"
- SELF-SETTING, SELF-ADJUSTING CLOCK - Simply insert the batteries provided & the Marathon Atomic Wall Clock will synchronize to the correct time using radio frequencies broadcast from NIST’s Colorado Atomic Clock (only functions in North America).
- LARGE DISPLAY - Our easy-to-read, 9-inch display and the sleek, contemporary design make this beautiful clock ideal for your home, office, school, or church. Easily hang it on the wall or place it on a table using the sturdy, fold-out stand.
- MULTIPLE MODES - Choose between AM/PM or 24-hour format. The calendar displays month, day, and date. The indoor temperature can be displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Language can be displayed in English, French or Spanish.
- EIGHT TIME ZONES - This clock includes all eight North American time zones—a worldwide exclusive Marathon clock feature! Choose from Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern, Atlantic, Newfoundland, Alaska, and Hawaii standard time.
- MARATHON - A family company that has been producing timing instruments for over 80 years. Our uncompromising quest for technical excellence allows us to produce the most advanced clock systems with the experience that our long tradition offers.
- ? 【Wall Mountable and Table Top Use】 - The clock may be hung on the wall using the hang hole at the back of the clock or displayed on your nightstand by pulling out the backstand. 1 x AAA batteries Needed (not included).Daily alarm and snooze mode, the alarm mode can set the daily alarm time and select the alarm music, and can also turn on the snooze function.
- ? 【Atomic Alarm Clock】 - The Atomic Clock has a built in receiver that automatically synchronizes. The normal time mode displays the time, date (2000 to 2099), week, temperature, and 12/24hour conversion.
- ? 【Indoor Temperature Display】 - Get the real time indoor temperature of your room displayed on your clock.Timer mode, reverse timing can be set, timing range 23:5900:00 hours, when the time is reached, an alarm will sound.
- ? 【Backlight on Demand】 - Press the snooze button on top of the clock to illuminate the whole display for 5 seconds. The backlight will also illuminate when the alarm sounds.Foldable, can place it at will, compact and lightweight for easily pack or toss into your purse, easy to carry.
- ? 【Calendar and Day of Week Display】 - Always know what day of the week it is with a quick glance. The clock displays the calendar and the day of the week.Birthday reminder mode: The specific time and date of birthday reminder can be set, and birthday songs will be broadcast at the time to show blessings.at will, compact and lightweight for easily pack or toss into your purse, easy to carry.
- Atomic all clock with self-setting time and date, indoor temp, alarm. Please note: Product has ONLY indoor temperature, NOT outdoor temperature.
- Automatically updates for seasonal time changes where applicable
- Displays time, date, day, temp on one screen; wall hanging or free standing;
- Measures 9 by 1 by 7.2 inches; requires 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Sleek black and silver plastic frame
- Dual beep alarms with automatic stop and snooze
- Built-in calendar, thermometer, and dial light
- Powered by 2 AA battery (included)
- Overall dimensions: 3.5 X 5 X 2.25 inches
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Desktop Atomic Clocks
Before choosing a desktop atomic clocks, you should take the following considerations into account.
A desktop atomic clock is a device that regulates the time of day. They are usually used to keep track of the time on a desktop or computer screen.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Do Computers Use Atomic Clocks?
No, computers do not use atomic clocks.
Is Atomic Clock Better Than Quartz?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a variety of factors, including the original alarm clock itself, the time of day, and your own personal schedule. Some people may prefer atomic clock better due to its speed or user-friendly interface, while others may find it frustratingly slow. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide what they prefer.
Which Atomic Clock Is The Best?
There is no one atomic clock that is better than any other timepiece. That is because each clock has its own unique history and atmosphere.
Are Atomic Clocks Better?
There is no definitive answer to this question as different people have different opinions on this topic. Some people believe that atomic clocks are better as they are always in Sync with the global gravitational time standard. Others may feel that atomic clocks are worse as they can often be out ofsync with the global local time standard. Still others may have different opinions based on their personal experience.
Best desktop atomic clocks are those that have the most fan-generated radiation needed to keep them running.