There are many different types of fishing reels on the market, but one of the most popular is the left-handed fishing reel. This type of reel is designed specifically for left-handed anglers and offers a number of benefits that right-handed anglers may not be able to enjoy.
Which Are The Best Left Handed Fishing Reels From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best left handed fishing reels and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Left Handed Fishing Reels People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- POWERFUL- Advanced, 4-washer, gives the low profile baitcasting reel physically powerful 18LB carbon fiber drag to handle the big fish you are after
- DURABLE - Industrial durable-strength, climate-resistant Japanese Hami cut 3604 brass gears, these are all top quality gears you expect for baitcaster fishing reels
- PERFORMANCE - Low profile design bait caster featuring 7.1:1 gear ratios specifically designed for the versatile angler. The Super Silent high speed 7.1:1 Gear Ratio baitcasting fishing reel is perfect for getting fish quickly out of cover and faster fishing tactics
- UNIQUE - Unique side-plate oil port for prolonged maintenance for Novice to Pro to maximize your baitcast reel life and performance
- UNPARALLELED - Strong double wind shafts and backlash-eliminating 0-10 magnetic dial-in settings
- NEW COMPACT DESIGN - KastKing Royale Legend Series has been anglers’ favorite baitcasters since 2014. Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels are totally redesigned for comfort and super performance! It’s a compact size low profile baitcaster fishing reel combined with a concealed side cover release that makes the reel comfortable even after thousands of casts during a day of fishing.
- LEGACY CARRY-ON AND BEYOND – The new Royale Legend II casting reel has carried the legacy and set a new bar for performance and durability. For the first time, KastKing implements the double bearing supported pinion gear technology to a $40 reel, that delivers a 35% increase in smoothness under load compared to the original Royale Legend. This new design structure increases durability by an astounding 30%.
- FASTER AND LIGHTER - Royale Legend II provides faster gear ratios than the previous models. The new 5.4:1 gear ratio model is perfect for crankbaits or slower presentations, while the 7.2:1 gear ratio model that quickly picks up fishing line at 29.8” per turn is great for pitching jigs or burning baits at high speed. Compact design also saves weights for Royale Legend II, making it just 7.2oz, which is lighter than most of graphite side covers and frame casting reels available today.
- STRONGER - KastKing’s new Royale Legend II casting reels are equipped with an extra-hard stainless steel main shaft, Hamai precision machined brass gears, diamond shape ceramic line guide and CNC aluminum spools for strength and durability. Combine those high-end features with a quadruple disc carbon drag that delivers a fishing stopping 17.6 lbs of drag and an incredibly low price, and you have the best value in baitcasting reels available today.
- CROSS-FIRE MAGNETIC BRAKING SYSTEM - To avoid time consuming and frustrating overruns and backlashes, the new Royale Legend II fishing reels include a newly designed, dynamic magnetic braking system with 8 magnetic buttons, compared to only 5 or 6 on most other reels. Royale Legend II’s ten-level adjustable braking system eliminates casting issues while maximizing casting distance and fishing line control in windy conditions. Say goodbye to overruns and hello to more fish in the boat.
- BULLET PROOF - The hot Rover reel just became hotter. The KastKing Rover round baitcasting reel has been reinforced with thicker hard anodized aluminum side plates, CNC machined spool, precision cut brass gears, all alloy flawless level wind, industry-first stainless steel worm gear, patented metal idle gear, stainless steel shaft and other components for superior durability and corrosion protection.
- MORE POWERFUL - You will love the stronger, more powerful KastKing Rover round baitcasting reel with a superior carbon fiber drag system. With its newly designed “Cymbal Washer” System, KastKing Rover now offers up to 30LB of smooth drag.
- SUPER SMOOTH - KastKing Rover reels have premium MaxiDur double shielded stainless steel ball bearings (6 + 1 BBs on Size 40-60, 4 + 1 BBs on 70 - 90) for smooth operation.
- VERSATILE - KastKing Rover is a perfect conventional reel for trolling, bottom fishing, and other techniques used in freshwater and saltwater (Size 40 – 60 with 2-pin centrifugal brake that is good for casting). The oversized nonslip EVA grips, line out clicker alarm, easy access thumb bar spool release (40-60 sizes) and the classic look are everything you would expect of a round baitcasting fishing reel.
- FISH INTO THE FUTURE - KastKing Rover conventional reels are built with functionality, quality, and are built to last. KastKing Rover Series deliver fantastic design, power, and performance at an affordable price. Anglers who want an affordable, dependable levelwind round baitcasting reel to add to their trolling reel fishing tackle will appreciate the low price and high quality of a KastKing Rover.
- Professional Grade - The Chaos XS round baitcasting reel features a CNC caved, anti-line skip aluminum spool, this makes fishing and spooling much easier
- Versatile - Egineered with 6 + 1 anti-corrosion bearings, smooth consistent drag and an extended forged handle, the Chaos XS conventional reel fits the bill for a variety of species and techniques
- Innovative Cast Technology - Delivers superior casting performance and rock-solid durability. The innovative cast technology ensures a smoother & longer casting distance while reducing the chance of backlash
- Powerful - Premium Carbon Fiber Drag System paired with a Japanese Haimai-Cut brass main gear provides up to 20 pounds of stopping power to chase trophy fish
- Performance - Designed to meet the demands of the most hardcore angler. The recessed reel foot helps the Chaos XS round reel keep a low profile on the rod making it easy to palm and cast
- LEFT HANDED BASS FISHING ROD & REEL 7 FT 2 PIECE - The Tailored Tackle LMB (Largemouth Bass) is a high performance LEFT HANDED bait caster rod and reel designed by fishing guides to give new Bass anglers an affordable fishing pole
- BAITCASTING COMBO TO LEARN - Unlike the expensive and complicated rods and reels, we give you an easy to cast and untangle Pop-Off Baitcaster Reel System to open up the reel and fix ugly tangles in seconds
- MEDIUM HEAVY ROD POWER FAST ACTION TIP - Gives you the backbone to stick it and our poles super sensitive rod tip feels everything - One of the only fishing combos at 7 Foot length for max casting
- BAITCAST REEL 6.3:1 GEAR RATIO 7BB - Smooth and agile 7 Ball Bearings Fast Gear Ratio System tuned to the most popular lure speed to bait cast fast
- DESIGNED BY FISHING GUIDES - The LMB Baitcast Combo is designed by our team of fishing guides to give you the right Bass fishing gear and easy to use equipment features at an affordable price
- LINE COUNTER TROLLING REEL – New from KastKing is the ReKon Line Counter Trolling Reel. Available in 2 sizes, ReKon conventional reels will be perfect for Salmon, Steelhead, Trout, Kokanee, Walleye, Lake Trout, saltwater species, and so much more. Both feature an exceptional, accurate mechanical line counter so that you can consistently keep your bait in the exact zone that is producing fish over and over.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPONENTS – The KastKing ReKon baitcasting reels are designed for tough trolling conditions and uses the best components. For smooth and trouble-free operation KastKing uses 3 double shielded, stainless-steel ball bearings in high stress points plus the Instant anti-reverse bearing. KastKing ReKon main gears and worm shafts are made of precision machined brass. Its pinion gear and line guide shaft are high quality stainless-steel.
- AMAZING DRAG POWER & FEATURES – The ReKon Line Counter round casting reels use a smooth, carbon disc drag that delivers 30 lbs of fish stopping power (25lb for size 10). Both size reels have a line clicker function that makes releasing planer boards simple and easy. You can use that feature as a strike detection system while trolling. Gear ratio is 5.1:1 on the size 10 and 5.3:1 on the size 20.
- GREAT LINE CAPACITY – KastKing kept these fishing reels as compact as possible while still providing tons of line capacity to anglers using leadcore, heavy braid, or strong monofilament fishing line. The size 10 and size 20 ReKon cast reel will hold over 250 yards of 20 lb. mono or about 10 colors of Micro Leadcore line and over 320 yards of 25 lb. mono or equivalent braided line respectively.
- TWO HANDLE OPTIONS – KastKing designed the handles to be different on the two models for a reason. The size 10 ReKon is mostly for Kokanee, Walleye and Trout so KastKing included a comfortable, double paddle handle with EVA grips. The larger size 20 reel has a single Power Handle with a comfortable round knob that gives more leverage for larger fish and longer retrieves for Salmon, Steelhead, Lake Trout, Striped Bass, or other uses such as a catfish reel that require more fishing line.
- Aluminum Frame Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel – Fish Strong! KastKing Crixus ArmorX Baitcasting reels are built for performance, designed for durability and engineered to win. ArmorX baitcasters are made with a pure aluminum frame for rigidity and strength while keeping weight low. At only 6.8 ounces, KastKing Crixus ArmorX is as tough, strong and durable as its name.
- Pro Angler Proven Components – Crixus ArmorX is one of the smoothest casting reels made today. KastKing uses a 38mm, finely machined aluminum alloy main gear. ArmorX also has a precision cut brass pinion gear that ensures longer life, higher speeds and low noise. The Crixus ArmorX baitcasting reel is ready for most bass fishing techniques with its fast, 7.2:1 retrieve gear ratio. A lightweight aluminum handle features slip resistant Super Polymer grips for all day fishing comfort.
- 9+1 Shielded Stainless BBs – KastKing Crixus ArmorX baitcasting reels rule the water with 10 (9+1) shielded, stainless-steel high-performance ball bearings plus an instant anti-reverse bearing. ArmorX uses a reliable and proven magnetic braking system that has 8 magnets for many levels of spool braking to eliminate frustrating overruns, so you spend more time fishing. Long, controlled casts are now yours with baits of all sizes under a variety of conditions.
- Smooth and Powerful Carbon Disc Drag – With a powerful 4-disc carbon fiber drag system managed by a large, aluminum star drag knob, KastKing Crixus ArmorX baitcaster reels are ready to handle your personal best in thick, dense cover. Power is only one part of this state of the art drag system. Crixus ArmorX baitcasters deliver seamless and smooth drag without hesitation on start up. With up to 17.6 lbs of infinitely adjustable drag power you will be in complete control of the conditions.
- Reliability and Performance That Pro’s Count On – Whether for major tournaments or just to enjoy the finest fishing gear available, trust the NEW KastKing Crixus ArmorX cast reel to be your “Go To” fishing reel for fun. Crixus ArmorX is built for performance and engineered for the win. At KastKing we’re committed to building trouble free baitcast reels that will deliver hassle free performance year after year. Crixus ArmorX is the next fishing reel in our series of affordable fishing tools.
- MegaJaws – Inspired by the most powerful sea predator, the KastKing MegaJaws baitcasting fishing reel conveys essential shark elements that represent the power and strength that sport fishing anglers desire today. The shark tooth front hood, shark fin side covers, and rigid metal components will consistently remind you the sense of dominance and the total confidence on the water.
- Super Long-Cast System & Slick Design – The MegaJaws unique KastKing LFTV (Low Friction Tapered Vortex), funnel shaped line guide greatly reduces line friction, giving you super long casts. MegaJaws adopts the same palm perfect ergonomic engineering as the Royale Legend Elite. Its low-profile frame fits perfectly and comfortably in the palm of your hand. MegaJaws is a compact, palm sized baitcaster that reduces fatigue for all day long comfort. Cast after cast, you will feel the difference.
- Color-Coded System – KastKing knows how difficult it can be to quickly identify a specific gear ratio reel on the deck of your boat for a specific fishing application. KastKing has given the MegaJaws unique colors for each gear ratio so you can quickly identify the right reel for the job and gain a competitive advantage to win bass fishing tournaments. Select from 5.4:1. 6.5:1, 7.2:1, and one of the fastest ratios in the market -- 9.1:1.
- Powerful Components - MegaJaws bait casters are full featured, tournament ready reels in every way. 11+1 double shielded stainless steel bearings throughout; The manganese brass pinion and main gears and a nickel-coated brass worm drive gear provide strength, durability and consistent performance for freshwater or saltwater fishing. Its ultra-smooth carbon fiber drag uses multiple carbon discs providing up to 17.6 lbs of fish stopping power for hard fighting trophy fish.
- Attention to Detail – Command your fishing situation with CNC Aluminum spools for amazing casts, a powerful aluminum handle with comfortable rubber cork knobs, and a spool tensioning knob with click stop adjustments. The unique MegaJaws magnetic casting control system features 8 magnets with 10 adjustment settings that control backlash and overruns. Easy access lubrication and drainage ports provide long-term performance and simple maintenance.
- Built to Hunt Monsters - The Salis X trolling reels are constructed with extremely durable light weight graphite frame and side plates paired with powerful stainless steel handle for big game fish in a variety of saltwater conditions
- Incredible Power - Piscifun Salis X saltwater fishing reel is a real power machine! The top class carbon fiber washers deliver up to 37Lbs drag power, which helps fight against the biggest fish with ease. The precise Japanese Hamai Cut Gearing System greatly ensures the consistence to give you best in class performance
- Braid Ready Spool - The Salis X conventional reel comes with a forged and machined aluminum spool which is braid ready to eliminate mono backing when spooling braided fishing line
- Faster Retrieve - Piscifun Salis X saltwater level wind reel features a 6.2:1 gear ratio which is faster than most trolling reels offered today. With this capability, you are able to control the battles with big fish
- More than Expected - The Salis X saltwater fishing reel is loaded with many un-matched features which cannot be found on other reels in its class which include an incredible strong stainless steel crank handle, super comfortable power knob, extremely durable and stable three bushing supported line winding, and an instant engage bait clicker
- Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel– Fish like a gladiator! KastKing Crixus Baitcasting reels are designed for exceptional value and performance. Don’t be fooled by its low price. A Crixus casting reel performs like a fishing reel costing twice the price. Although only 7.3 ounces, KastKing Crixus is as tough, strong and durable as its gladiator name. Pick a spectacular frame color to match any hot baitcaster rod or color preference – Glacier White or Sea Spray.
- Tournament Proven Components – Crixus casting reels feature heavy duty brass main and pinion gears that deliver long life, higher speeds and low noise. The Crixus baitcast reel comes in a convenient all-purpose, 6.5:1 gear ratio. It has a CNC machined aluminum U-Shaped spool for longer casts and higher fishing line capacity. The lightweight aluminum handle has comfortable, slip resistant Super Polymer grips, unheard of at this price, for all day fishing comfort!
- Smooth and Reliable Carbon Disc Drag – A great fishing reel in any arena! KastKing Crixus baitcasting fishing reels deliver performance and value. Each reel features an exceptionally smooth and powerful (4)-carbon disc drag system that delivers over 17.6 lbs. of fish stopping drag power. The drag is infinitely adjustable, which allows you to use lighter fishing line, with a lightweight aluminum, star-shaped drag knob.
- Ultra-smooth Performance – KastKing Crixus baitcaster reels are equipped with 7 shielded, stainless-steel high quality ball bearings plus an instant anti-reverse bearing. The Crixus cast reel uses a reliable and proven magnetic braking system that has 8 magnets to give the angler many levels of spool braking to eliminate frustrating overruns, so you spend more time fishing. Long, controlled casts are now yours with baits of all sizes under a variety of conditions.
- Reliability You Can Trust – You can count on the NEW KastKing Crixus baitcasting reel to be ready to go fishing at a moment’s notice. KastKing is committed to building trouble free casting reels that will deliver hassle free performance year after year. The KastKing Crixus baitcasting fishing reel is not only affordable but will provide a level of performance never achieved at this price before. You deserve to battle fish like a gladiator with a fishing reel priced for the crowd.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Left Handed Fishing Reels
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best left handed fishing reels that meets your needs.
There is no one left-handed fishing reel that is perfect for you. However, five reels that are best left handed can provide you with the fishing experience you need. 1. The Westpac Reefer angling reel is a high-quality left-handed fishing reel that gives you the power to take markdowns on your catch. 2. The Fumoel last is perfect for right-handed anglers and gives you more power on your line. 3. The Upland Vario left-handed fishing reel is perfect for taking markdowns on your catch. 4. The Osprey left-handed fishing reel is perfect for taking markdowns on your catch. 5. The North Face Left-Handed Fishing Reel is perfect for taking markdowns on your catch.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Does A Left-Handed Fishing Reel Mean?
The left-handed fishing reel is a type of fishing reel that has a Pt out which is right-handed and a spindle which is left-handed.
Can You Get Left-Handed Fishing Reels?
Yes, left-handed fishing reels can be Get found in stores and websites.
Do I Need A Right Or Left-Handed Fishing Reel?
A right- or left-handed fishing reel is not necessary for some types of fishing. For example, a right- or left-handed fishing net will need a left- or right-handed Amerieco motor.
What Side Is The Handle On A Left-Handed Reel?
The handle is on the left.
Best left-handed fishing reels are amazing for when fishing with a right-handed person. They are able to use them because they are made to inactive, meaning the pull system helps lefties to move the reel in the desired direction.