If you are experiencing hip pain, you may be a candidate for hip replacement surgery. Hip replacement surgery is a procedure that involves replacing the damaged hip joint with an artificial implant. Recovery from hip replacement surgery can take several weeks, but eventually you will be able to return to your normal activities. When it comes time to select a chair for your home office, there are several factors you should keep in mind. A good chair for someone who has just had hip replacement surgery should provide good support and be comfortable to sit in.
Which Are The Best Office Chair After Hip Replacement From Our Choice
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Office Chair After Hip Replacement People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Provides firm seating and pressure relief
- For use in wheelchairs, transport chairs, home chairs, office chairs
- Machine washable cover
- 3 sizes to choose from
- NOTE: This pillow is supportive and FIRM, NOT SOFT
- Best Seat Cushion - If you spend +8 hours a day in a seated position, this comfortable pad is just right for you. It provides additional support you need to maintain good posture and the natural curve of the spine. By evenly distributing weight of the body, it offloading pressure on the spinal discs. The ergonomic design helps to increase blood flow, prevents pain in the lower back, helps with muscle fatigue, leg tightness, hamstring. It allows you to sit upright naturally without pain
- High Quality Chair Pad - Measuring 17.7"x 13.8"x 2.8", the butt support pillow comes with a removable and breathable black mesh cover, that provides great air circulation and allows you to sit without feeling hot or sweaty. The non-slip rubber base of the pad securely keeps it in place. The cushion insert is made from Slow Rebound Memory Foam that conforms to your individual shape and helps to avoid pressure. The handle is attached to the side of the pillow, making it easy to take it with you
- Works with Any Chair- This ergonomic seat cushion nicely fits most office chairs. U-shaped contoured design rests your tailbone, avoiding compression. This pillow is also a good option to consider, if you move around a lot. Take it in your car, on a plane or a train. Great for office use, frequent travelers, sporting events and pregnancy. This cushion will help to reduce neck, shoulder, and low back pain. Perfect alternative to donut and hemorrhoid pillows. Best for Adults 150 - 220 lbs
- Orthopedic Doctor Recommended - This thick pad repeats the anatomical contours of your body, supports your lumbar area, and lessens the pressure on your back. It avoids the occurrence and progression of spine problems and ensures health. Moreover, it can be used to increase the height of any seat. This therapeutic lift cushion provides additional comfort when driving long distances (truckers, drivers) and rest if sitting in slow-moving traffic. Note:The pillow is supportive and Firm, Not Soft
- Enables patients recovering from hip surgery
- High-density foam provides comfort and reduces pressure
- Wipe-clean vinyl cover is incontinent proof
- 🪑Simple Solution to Your Uncomfortable Chair Problem: Made with pure memory foam, our pressure relief seat cushion uses your own body heat to adapt to your curves, giving you the support your current office chair lacks
- 🖥️Work In Total Comfort, Not Pain: Hard seating surfaces lead to pressure points in your lower body; with our seat cushion for office chair it cradles your bottom, reducing pain and fatigue in your lower back, hips, and sciatic nerve
- 👍Effective Tailbone Pain Relief Cushion: Designed with an ergonomic "U" shaped cutout, our office chair cushion suspends your coccyx above hard seating surfaces, relieving pressure and improving posture
- ☑️Made with Certified Safe Materials, Unlike Other Seat Cushions: In our commitment to providing you with high quality items, our memory foam office chair cushion has been tested by OEKO-TEX to earn their coveted STANDARD 100 label; meaning every component of our butt cushion is certified safe and harmless for human health
- 💺Fits All Types of Seating: Add our chair pillow to your list of favorite work from home accessories, its large size (17"x14"x2") fits all types of chairs around your home, office, and car
- Most Comfortable Gel Memory Foam Cushion On The Market - ComfiLife's all-in-one features are unrivaled: Non-slip rubber bottom, built-in handle for easy transport and machine-washable zippered velour cover for easy cleaning. The ComfiLife Coccyx Cushion is the best gel memory foam seat cushion on the market made of premium quality durable memory foam with cool off gel layer on top for superior comfort
- Supports Tailbone and Relieves Pressure - Ergonomically designed seat cushion provides maximum support and comfort while reducing pressure on the coccyx / tailbone and promotes healthy posture
- Provides Lower Back Pain & Sciatica Relief, Great for Office Use, Driving & Traveling - Supports recovery from lower back problems, herniated discs, tailbone injuries, sciatica and other spinal issues. Great for office, home, travel, car seat or wheelchair use. Machine-washable zippered velour cover for easy cleaning and built-in handle for easy transport
- Our Customers Love ComfiLife Cushion - "I have already recommended this to all my office mates that sit all day, as well. I love it, and some advice...Lock it up after you use it, or I guarantee one of your sneaky cube mates will swipe it!" "This has saved my life as one with lower back pain due to pinched nerve roots" "I have herniated discs and sciatica for many years, this cushion allowed me to drive cross state with little to no pain"
- Miles, Dr. Troy A. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 104 Pages - 03/19/2016 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
- Hip Stool: Designed to make sitting down and getting up easy for post-hip surgery patients; allows sitting without bending at the hip
- Comfortable Seating: The chair features steel legs, a vinyl seat, and a backrest with contoured armrests for comfort
- Quality Construction: The ultimate accessory for daily living, our hip-high chair for elderly, disabled, and injured individuals is made from steel
- Specifications: Measures 26 inches in height; between arms: 17.5 inches in width; weight capacity: 300 lbs
- 👩💻Easy Solution to Long Time Sitting Pressure: Stuffed office chair seat cushion features all you need for 8+ hours seated posture pressure relief when work & travel. Advanced ergonomic design provide comfy sitting support, also perfect mothers day gift!
- 👍Heat Reponsive Memory Foam & Therapeutic Gel: Our butt cushion pillow built with 2 ergonomic firm memory foam, plus 1 thick medical grade liquid gel pad for tailbone, lower back pain pressure relief
- 🔍Exclusive 3 Layer Design Boost Best Comfort: 2 layers of orthopedic memory foam + 1 layer therapeutic medical grade liquid gel inside, eliminates uncomfortable pressure points, sense & support your body contours
- 🧘Relieve Back, Hips & Tail Bone Pressure: Provides coccyx, legs & sciatica nerve relief, U shape cutout float your coccyx above hard surface when sit and let you maintain healthy posture, sciatic pain reducing
- ✅Seat Cushion Promise Long Sitting Use: Our gel cushion won't lose softness like other blue TPE pad or slide, this sitting cushion features non-slip bottom & portable carry handle, sizing 17.5 x 14 x 3 inch, Navy Blue
- ALTERNATIVE DESK CHAIR: Created by leading health & fitness experts to improve overall well-being and provide an active outlet for having to sit for long periods of time
- BOOST ENERGY LEVELS: Featuring the same yoga ball as the exercise guide, this chair helps to boost energy levels and increase productivity with an active body and a focused and engaged mind
- RECOMMENDED USER HEIGHT: Designed for users 5' to 5'11" tall and fits most standard-height desks. For a taller chair, add 2 inches with Gaiam's compatible leg extenders, sold separately. 300-pound weight capacity.
- INCLUDES: Removable 52-centimeter exercise ball, an air pump, an adjustable metal support bar, 4 easy-glide casters (2 back wheels lockable) and a desktop exercise guide to stay active
- INFLATION INSTRUCTIONS: It may be necessary to re-inflate the ball after initial inflation to allow the ball’s material to stretch to its final size. Inflate ball with air, let stand for 24 hours, deflate 50% then fill again to 52cm height.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Anne-Marie Newland (Actor)
- Mark Knight (Director) - Jim Wilmer (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Office Chair After Hip Replacement
Before choosing a office chair after hip replacement, you should take the following considerations into account.
The best office chair after hip replacement is a matter of personal preference and what you think is the best way to improve your boss’ or desk. Some things to consider when choosing a chair include its comfortable level of support, its price, how many people it can support, how hard it feels to move around, and what kind of back support it provides.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind Of Chair Should You Sit In After Hip Replacement?
After a hip replacement, the chair should be an appropriate size for your body.
When Can I Sit On A Normal Chair After Hip Replacement?
You can sit on a normal chair after your hip replacement operation if you complete the following steps: – sought out a comfortable and soft chair – found a company that offers normal chairs – have your doctor established a schedule for taking minutes of your sitting before and after the procedure – provide yourself with plenty of time to relieved any fatigue from the operation The first few days following the surgery are when your body is most prepared for the physical activity that will continue until after the operation. You will experience a period of redness and swelling, which should fade over time.
How Do You Sit In A Chair After Hip Arthroplasty?
After a hip arthroplasty, you will be sitting in a chair for some time. The doctor will give you a few instructions and then you will be able to do as you please.
Why Does My Office Chair Hurt My Hip?
Your office chair might be hurting your hips because of the way gravity pulls you down as you walk across the seat.
If you have a hip replacement, it is important to find a new office chair that is comfortable and safe. One of the best options is thetz z shale reopen office chair. This chair is made with a flexibleGOPeon deck for Extra- Big Hip Replacement Surgery and is ideal for individuals with extra- big hip replacements.