A touch screen laptop is a great option for college students because it’s easy to use and you can do a variety of things on it. For example, you can type papers, take notes in class, and surf the web. Plus, they come in a variety of sizes and colors, so you can find one that fits your personality.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best touch screen laptops for college students and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Touch Screen Laptops For College Students People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 (13) (when available, see below)
- VIBRANT DISPLAY - Your creations are brought to life with the 14-inch diagonal Full HD (1920 x 1080) multitouch enabled, edge-to-edge glass display. Video Playback Battery life-Up to 10 hours and 45 minutes
- STELLAR PERFORMANCE - The 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 (1) processor lets you get work done more efficiently
- EYE-CATCHING GRAPHICS - Marvel at crystal-clear imagery thanks to Intel Iris Xe Graphics (2)
- MEMORY & STORAGE - HP Envy brings you even more bandwidth with 8 GB of RAM and increased hard drive space with 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (3)
- Thin and light Laptop for work, school, and play: with office 365 and 1 TB of cloud storage, This device combines functionality, connectivity, style, and value.
- Office 365 personal for one year: get full access to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, access, and 1 TB of OneDrive storage for one year
- Bios recovery and protection: automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- Processor: AMD Dual-Core a4-9120e Processor, 1.5 GHz up to 2.2 GHz
- Display: 14-inch diagonal HD SVA bright View WLED-backlit Display (1366 x 768)
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
- Renewed products look and work like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers, which typically perform a full diagnostic test, replacement of any defective parts, and a thorough cleaning process. Packaging and accessories may be generic. All products on Amazon Renewed come with a minimum 90-day supplier-backed warranty.
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
- 11.6-Inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Glossy Widescreen Display, 1366 x 768 resolution
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- 【Processor】Dual Core Intel Celeron N4020 , 2.80GHz Brust Frequency, 6W TDP, 4MB Cache, Featuring true machine intelligence and a newly designed efficient architecture, the groundbreaking processor learns and adapts to your needs so you can achieve more
- 【Display】14" HD (1366 x 768) Display with NanoEdge and up to 178 degree viewing angles, narrow bezel design, enables you to focus more on your work and studies
- 【Memory & Storage】4GB High-Bandwidth DDR4 Memory, 64GB Storage, Smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs at the same time, ensure the smoothness of daily use and improve your work efficiency
- 【Operating System】 Windows 11 Home | 12Hrs+ Battery Life
- 【Included in the package】Bundled with Microfiber Cloth
- Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.60GHz, 4MB Cache), 4GB DDR4 RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage
- 14" HD (1366 x 768) SVA WLED-Backlit Display with BrightView Micro-edge Technology, Intel Integrated UHD Graphics 600
- IEEE 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, 2xUSB3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only),1xUSB 2.0, 1xHeadphone/Microphone Combo Jack, 1xMulti-format SD Media Card Reader, 1xHDMI 1.4, NO Optical Drive
- Windows 10 S OS, 3-cell Lithium Ion Battery
- PROCESSOR:Intel Celeron N4020 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.8 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)
- MEMORY: 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) Transfer rates up to 2400 MT/s. 1 x 4 GB; STORAGE: 64 GB eMMC
- DISPLAY: 14" Touch Screen diagonal, HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge, BrightView, 220 nits, 45% NTSC
- Ports: 1 X USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C; 2 X USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A; 1 X AC smart pin; 1 X HDMI; 1 X headphone/microphone combo; 1 X multi-format SD media card reader; 1 X HP True Vision 720p HD camera with integrated dual array digital microphones
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Home in S Mode. Accessories: Legendary Computer Travel Laptop Backpack with USB Charging Port Fitting up to 15.6 Inch Laptop, Legendary Mousepad
- 11.6" 2-in-1 touch screen HD (1366 x 768) IPS WLED backlight Display. Built-in HD webcam with dual array microphone makes it easy to video chat with family and friends or teleconference with colleagues over Skype or other popular applications.
- 4GB system memory can smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 128GB solid state drive (SSD) has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times and data access, no noise, and reduced heat production and power draw on the battery.
- Intel Pentium N5000 processor; With Intel UHD Graphics 605 On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming.
- High-speed wireless LAN built into the screen, so it connects to your network or hotspots on the most common Wi-Fi standards in both laptop and tablet modes. HDMI output expands your viewing options; Connect to an HDTV or high-def monitor to set up two screens side by side or just see more of the big picture.
- Runs the latest Windows operating system; Includes Windows 10 Home in S Mode, to do the things you want with protection you can count on and performance that lasts.
- Designed for the always connected life, the nimble HP Stream 14" Laptop lets you easily shift from homework workhorse to streaming your favorite shows. Weighing less than 4lbs, this notebook contains a 14" diagonal HD BrightView display, a dual-core Intel Celeron processor, 4 GB RAM and a 64 GB eMMc. Powerful Intel UHD graphics let you stream 4K content and play your favorite games in 720p, while the HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone makes video chats with the family clear and smooth.
- The improved 802.11 ac 2x2 Wi-Fi antenna delivers a stronger, more reliable Internet connection than before, and with up to 11 hours of battery life, you'll enjoy enhanced streaming, fast downloads, and smooth web surfing all day. Experience Windows 10 Home in S mode, the most secure Windows ever built, streamlined for security and superb performance.
- Intel Celeron N4000 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, 2 cores). 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB). 64 GB eMMC storage. Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600; 1 multi-format SD media card reader; HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone; No optical drive.
- 14" diagonal HD SVA BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit (1366 x 768) Non-touch Display; Realtek 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.2 combo; Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN; 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only); 1x USB 2.0; 1x HDMI 1.4; 1x headphone/microphone combo; Dimensions (L x W x H): 13.27 x 0.70 x 8.90 Inches; weight: 3.17 lb; Subscription: Office 365 Personal 1-year; An IFT 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- Perfect for school or college with a thin, lightweight design, the HP Stream Laptop was never meant to stand still. It travels easily and comes in a rose pink design that looks good anywhere.
- ALWAYS ON THE GO - Take this light and durable HP Chromebook with you anywhere. It travels well and has a 15 hour and 45 minute battery life, so you can stay connected without having to search for an outlet
- MADE FOR WHAT YOU DO - Switch between gaming, connecting with friends, and getting your schoolwork done. The powerful MediaTek mobile processor, full-size keyboard, and 11-inch display can handle it all
- THE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE - Enjoy the seamless simplicity that comes with Google Chrome and Android apps, all integrated into one laptop. It’s fast, simple, and secure
- EFFICIENT OPTICS - Never sacrifice graphics for battery life again. The MediaTek Integrated Graphics card has Octa-core CPU and GPU graphics processors and a multimedia engine, so it’s built to perform without draining your battery
- HIGH DEFINITION, HIGH QUALITY - With an anti-glare, 11-inch laptop screen, you can stream movies and shows beautifully, all in the high-definition detail of 1 million pixels
What To Look For Choosing The Best Touch Screen Laptops For College Students
Before choosing a touch screen laptops for college students, you should take the following considerations into account.
A touch screen laptop is a great option for college students who don’t have any other choice. They make the work process easier because you can constantly be touching the screen to the computer. This type of laptop is also more efficient in terms of energy use because it doesn’t need to use technology to function. No need for a desktop If you don’t needing a desktop to work on the side, a touch screen laptop is the perfect option. You can use it as your primary device or you can put it in another room and work on it from there. It’s easy to remember how to use thanks to the keypad and mouse wheel. You can also control music and videos with your touch screen laptop. There’s no need for a mouse or keyboard when using these applications. Check: what are the best touch screen laptops for college students
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Laptop Do Most College Students Use?
The most popular laptop for college students is a PC-based laptop.
Is A Touchscreen Useful For College?
There is no definite answer when it comes to whether a touchscreen is useful for college. Some students find that they enjoy using a touchscreen more than normal pencil and paper due to the touchscreen’s ability to be constantly responsive. Additionally, some people believe that the ease of use and quick potentially large display on a touchscreen makes it ideal for first time users.
Is A Touchscreen Useful On A Laptop?
The answer is it depends on the device and what you want to do with it. A touchscreen on a laptop is likely to be more useful for performing basic controls such as commanding things like “yield” or “press return” than it is for using all the features of the laptop itself.
Which Is Better Touch Screen Or Not?
Touch screen is better than a manual input because it is simple and can be used without holding the pen.
There is no one touch screen laptop that will fit every need for any college student. Some students prefer laptops with fast access to the internet, while others may want a computer that can be used casually or for work. Any student interested in using a touch screen laptop should service their laptop regularly to ensure that it remains in good condition and works well.